Friday, May 14, 2010

Feed Me Books- Letters!

One of my very favorite sets of books is the My First Steps to Reading by Jane Belk Moncure.
It was a hand-me-down from Jeff's mom.  Sean has loved them since he was old enough to make requests.  One day we even had a "book picnic" (more on that later) and read them all!

Here is My "b" Book.  We have been working on letter "B" and this has been a great resource.


Each character is called by the letter (ex. Little "b" has a box.)  In each book they all have a box that gets filled with all sorts of items that start with the letter.

Here is Little "t" filling his box.



I like at the end how they list other words with the letter.  We always pick which one we like the best.




Sean likes to put his toe up to the picture and it always cracks him up!

I am linking this up with The Adventures of Motherhood.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great book. My co-worker had a whole bunch of those when she was teaching K. Come check out my book giveaway ending Sunday: http://milknhoneylearnandgrow.blogspot.com/2010/05/book-review-birds-by-books-by-tara.html. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nf1andprek-whisperMay 15, 2010 at 1:28 PM

    this is such a reminder, we had this entire set donated to our school and after 6 years many were ripped and torn and we had no way to get new copies, but I lvoed them....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Good to see you again! We love the letter B! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete