Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Remembering Grandma Marion

The day before Sean's birthday, Grandma Marion died.  Although she had been sick for a while, it was pretty sudden.  Instead of the small party we had planned for Sean, we went down to Columbus for her Celebration of Life.  They had pictures put up all over the place.  It was beautiful to see her through the years.  She was holding a baby or with a child in almost every shot.




I felt so bad about not being there during the last few days when it had become obvious she would not live much longer.  I felt like I just wanted one last hug.  Plus, I wanted to be there for my family.  It was late when I got the call that she had passed.  I was praying and felt God give me the idea to make some heart ornament-type mementos to give to the family.  She was a great quilter and I had some of her fabric.  Side note: she wanted everyone to wear Atlanta Braves t-shirts to her celebration.  So, the fabric I picked was red and blue.  Jeff's mom really did a lot of the work- they would not have been done without her (I'm so glad she happened to be here!).


The boys in their t-shirts.



Later, Justin was getting smiles from Eli. 


Luke, forever the comedian, wrapped in a rug (of all things!) with his Burger King Crown.


My favorite picture of Grandma and Sean on his 2nd birthday.


I attached this verse to the hearts:
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, 
he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." 
Zephaniah 3:17



No comments:

Post a Comment