Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Organizing Paper Clutter

I have been cleaning out.  Story of my life. :)  One area that I easily overlook is paper.  I have been amassing piles of recipes and clippings.  Since I have been in one of those I-don't-know-what-to-cook funks, I thought cleaning out my recipes would be good inspiration.  As I was doing it, I realized a cute little method I typically use when organizing anything:
Pull Out
Purge
Pile
Process
Put Away
It works for just about anything- clothes, toys, books...
Here it is working for my recipes:
I like making collages, but I need to figure out how to flip-flop it.
It would have made more sense in this case. :)
This (and an Energy Chew!) got me motivated to tackle another hot spot: my desk.


I used some file folders I had to organize the papers into categories.  Then I made better use of my wooden desktop organizer ($2 at a yard sale!).  I had been stuffing papers into the red, open notebook.  I pulled out a smaller calendar and put away the cleaned-out notebook.  I grouped all my Shaklee paperwork together.  I even put some pictures in the organizer. 
I did the recipes while Eli was taking his morning nap.  The desk qualifies for a quick clean-up, though, because once I got on it, it was fast work. 
Except the papers are still all over the floor.  

Linking up at A Bowl Full of Lemons!

No comments:

Post a Comment